Dr. Thakur provides opinions to the legal community as a nephrology expert witness.
- Dr. Thakur has provided expert legal opinions since 1995 to both plaintiff and defense attorneys. His goal is to make complex nephrologic concept understandable to the average person without trivializing details. His goal is to assist in the resolution of complaints and legal matters. As he is currently in clinical practice, his opinion reflects the standard of care.
- He is a skilled teacher and oral presenter.
- He presented at the 2019 Defense Research Institute National Meeting (Nashville), as well as to legal audiences in the Puget Sound, Washington area.
- He published a series of instructive cases for lawyers. Kidney Injuries When to Suspect How to Diagnose and Their Legal Implications Thakur S., Beaudoin R. Kidney injuries: when to suspect, how to diagnose, and their legal implications. Defense Research Institute MedLaw Update Volume 23, Issue 1, March 2018. Kidney Injuries When to Suspect How to Diagnose and Their Legal Implications
Areas of Consulting Expertise:
- Prescribing/dispensing errors
- Kidney trauma
- Nursing home care
- Complications from surgery or delayed diagnosis
- Transplantation denial disputes
- COVID-19 related renal issues
- Telemedicine related delays in diagnosis
- Lifecare cost estimates