S. Smiley Thakur, M.D., FRCPC Transplant Nephrologist
Dr. Thakur is a Board Certified Internist and Nephrologist with fellowship in Transplantation Medicine. He was in private practice in the Seattle area January 1999 to October 2018. He is credentialed with local hospitals and kidney dialysis centers. His teaching has been recognized by the University of Washington where he is a Clinical Assistant Professor. His focus is conveying complex nephrologic concepts to patients, fellow physicians, and attorneys.
- BSc, Anatomy, University of Saskatchewan, 1987, with Distinction
- MD, University of Saskatchewan, 1990, with Distinction
- Rotating Internship, University of Western Ontario, 1990-1991
- Anatomic Pathology, University of Western Ontario, 1991-1992
- Internal Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 1992-1995
- Nephrology, McGill University, 1995-1997
- Transplantation Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, 1997-1998
- Internal Medicine: American Boards, 1995, 2005, 2015
- Internal Medicine: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, 1996
- Nephrology: American Boards, 1997, 2005, 2017
- Nephrology: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, 1997
- Clinical Assistant Professor: University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
- Lennon D, Gellin B, Hood D, Voss L, Heffernan H, Thakur S. Successful Intervention in a Group A Meningococcal Outbreak in Auckland, New Zealand. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 1992; 11:617-622
- Lennon D, Gellin B, Hood D, Woods, Williams P, Thakur S, Crombie D. Control of Epidemic Group A Meningococcal Disease in Auckland. New Zealand Medical Journal 1993; 948:3-6.
- Thakur S, Unikowsky B, Prichard S. Eosinophilic Peritonitis in CAPD: Treatment with Prednisone and Diphenhydramine. Peritoneal Dialysis International 1997; 17(4):402-403.
- Wisse B, Thakur S, Baran D. Recovery from Prolonged Metabolic Acidosis due to Accidental Ethylene Glycol Poisoning. American Journal of Kidney Diseases 1999; 33(2): E4.
- Thakur S, Whether to opt out of Medicare – how to make a Titanic decision. J Am Phys Surg 2008; 13(4): 115.
Attorneys may contact Dr. Thakur by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (425) 836-8196.